Job description: Provides technical writing and editing for conference registration booklet, conference program and Invitation to Exhibit and Advertise vendor packet.
Appropriate for: Homeschooling parent who values VaHomeschoolers’ philosophy, appreciates attention to detail and is well organized and can communicate clearly.
Requisite skills: Organizational skills, people skills. Ability to solve problems as they come up. Specific skills:
- Proficiency in Word
- Expertise in content/technical writing and editing
- Expertise in proofreading
- Optional: Proficiency in using Adobe Acrobat to create fillable forms.
Time commitment requested:
- Registration Booklet: 15-20 hours, October-November
- Conference Program: 10 hours, February-March
- Invitation to Exhibit and Advertise: 1-5 hours, April (Already done)
- The editor may also spend some time during the year answering e-mails, setting up schedules and communicating with the conference chair and others