Do you think that the VaHomeschoolers conference is the best homeschool conference out there?
Have you thought that the speakers who focus on the needs of our homeschoolers are the backbone of the conference?
Are you a smooth communicator?
Do you respect and support the inclusive nature of the VaHomeschoolers mission?
If so, you may be perfect for the Speaker Keyleader position!
Some responsibilities include:
- Provide a strong balance between the tracks (youth, high school, specific academics, special needs, resources, general, etc.) so sessions will have broad appeal to all homeschoolers.
- Develop specific session titles and descriptions with input from previous year’s surveys, speakers, and conference chair.
- Create session schedule and help create room assignments with conference chair.
- Solicit volunteer speaker as presenters.
- Procure proctors with the help of registrar and rest of the conference team and board members, and prepare their instructions.
- Make copies of handouts in the number required and place in the appropriate speaker’s room.
- Send thank you notes to all speakers and proctors.
- Encourage speakers to complete speaker evaluations.
- Write an After Action Report following conference.
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to successfully juggle multiple tasks
- Able to communicate clearly and frequently through email and in person
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to fill out or read spreadsheets
- Great sense of humor
- Team player
- Varies from 2-5 hours a week, depending on organizational skills.
- Busy before Christmas and right before conference.
- Help grow your network of homeschooling contacts.
- Fabulous way to fine-tune your project management skills.
- It’s a great way to meet homeschooling resources across the state.
- Become one of the leaders of VaHomeschoolers.
- Great way to take on a project that has a definite end date.