The Organization of Virginia Homeschoolers (VaHomeschoolers) is an independent, non-profit, member-driven, statewide organization. We are committed to providing homeschooling support to our members, as well as accurate information about homeschooling to Virginia’s families, school divisions, legislators and policymakers, the media, and the community at large.
VaHomeschoolers appreciates that homeschooling families are diverse in their beliefs and backgrounds, but united in loving their children, valuing their children’s education, and treasuring their freedom to homeschool. For this reason, VaHomeschoolers is an inclusive organization and is neutral in matters of politics and religion.
“When I look at the website, or review the organization’s legislative activity, I continue to be amazed that this is largely a volunteer organization. Its level of professionalism—and corresponding successes—make it a true national model for homeschooler support and activism.” — Lisa W.
VaHomeschoolers is your source for the information and support you need to successfully homeschool. Whether you are new to homeschooling, new to Virginia or an old hand entering a new stage, answers to your homeschool questions are at your finger tips.
- Comprehensive Website
- Homeschool Helpline: (866) 513-6173
- Homeschool Helpdesk
- Homeschool Group Listings
- Low-volume Announcements Email list
- Statewide homeschool conferences and local seminars
- VaHomeschoolers Voice homeschool journal featuring practical information and advice
For over a decade, our experienced lobbyists have represented homeschooling interests in the Virginia General Assembly, with the Virginia Department of Education and in school divisions across the state. VaHomeschoolers actively encourages participation and values members’ contributions to the organization.
- Lobbies at the state level on behalf of Virginia homeschoolers
- Monitors legislative and policy initiatives at the state and local levels
- Assists in resolving individual and local issues
- Listens to our members through our annual membership survey
- Promotes homeschoolers as a politically and religiously diverse community in the media and through outreach programs
VaHomeschoolers is run by homeschool parents who, like you, want to give back to the homeschooling community. As a member directed and volunteer-driven organization, members can actively participate in many ways.
- Participate in the annual membership survey
- Volunteer in various positions throughout the organization
- Serve as board members
The Organization of Virginia Homeschoolers is a non-profit public charity with 501(c)(3) status; your donation is tax-deductible to the extent provided by law. A financial statement is available from the Virginia Division of Consumer Affairs upon request.